For party planning needs in the DC metro area please visit Fabulous Fetes

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fall is here!

Fall is without a doubt, my favorite season.  I'm not sure if it's the crisp days and chilly nights, the smell in the air, the amazing fall colors? Or maybe it's knowing all the fun holidays are right around the corner...

Normally I try to plan a fall gathering of some kind but being so busy this month, the only fall gatherings I'm planning this year are those of clients. Although I'm blessed to be able to plan fun gatherings for a living (because I wouldn't trade it for anything) having a fall event of my own kind of forced me to decorate and get into the spirit of the season.

So this year, I looked around on pinterest and found a quick, easy and festive way to add fall to my doorstep:


 It worked out perfectly because I had quite a few lanterns hanging around from my son's train party.
 
This is another one of my favorite ways to decorate the front door:
 
 
I just used my planters as a base and stacked pumpkins atop (held together by hammering a dowel through them) and added some fall leaf garland.  This was from last year and I took the picture before the whole porch was complete.  Eventually, they were moved up towards the door and mums were placed in front of them.
 
Happy Fall everyone! 

1 comment: