What you'll need
- 4oz canning jars with lids
- rolled ready made pie crusts (in the refrigerated section of your grocery store)
- pie filling in your choice of flavor
- a rolling pin
- a 5" diameter cutter (this can be free handed. I used the lid to an empty hot cocoa can)
- mini cookie cutter (optional, this is just to make a vent hole. I used an icing tip)
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Roll out the pie crust just slightly to smooth it out. Using the 5" cutter or free hand, cut the crusts that will be the bottom of the pie.
Next, place the crusts in the jars, and gently smooth out the sides allowing a slight overhang of the crust at the lip of the jar.
Place about a 1/4 cup of filling in each pie shell or fill to 3/4 of the way full.
Using the canning jar, cut out the tops for each pie. Cut out desired shapes as vent holes, also a vent hole can be created by simply cutting slits in the top crust.
Place each top onto the pies. Fold over the excess crust inward.
Using a fork, crimp the edges around the lip of the jar to create a seal.
If you have a silicone baking sheet, I would highly recommend using it under the jars for a couple of reasons, one, it prevents the jars from sliding around and two, it makes clean up a whole lot easier. If desired, at this time, each pie can be brushed with an egg wash or cream and sprinkled with sugar. (omit this step if you are planning on freezing the pies at this stage)
Place in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.