For party planning needs in the DC metro area please visit Fabulous Fetes

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

BOO!

About 6 years ago, a friend of mine introduced me to my first 'boo-ing'.  It wasn't a traditional boo since it wasn't anonymous but nonetheless I thought it was a fun and creative way to treat your friends and neighbors at Halloween.

For those of you that are not familiar and would like to start this Halloween tradition, here are the rules that I follow, or you can get creative and change it up a bit:
  • Start by typing up some simple instructions or using this one found on the tomkat studio
 
  • Make or purchase your favorite Halloween treats.  I made a few of my favorite fall treats as well as a couple that I found on Pinterest.  I tend to use edible treats but I have received Halloween stickers, pencils, notepads and even bakeware.  I decided to incorporate some wine in one boo package for a wine lover in our neighborhood...I think I'm going to have to make it an annual addition to my boo packages



  • Plan to 'boo'  at least 2 families, I couldn't narrow it down, so I did 5
  • Secretly deliver your 'boos' and watch all the 'We've been booed' signs pop up in the neighborhood!

Happy Halloween!

1 comment: